Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sarah's Garden - Not so Green-thumb!

Sarah's Garden by Kelly Long was an interesting account of a sweet Amish girl who fell in love. There, that is about as riveting of a story that I felt this book to be.

I had a difficult time getting into the storyline and an incredible irritation at trying to follow the language guide provided at the beginning of the book. Long did however put a great amount of research into making sure her readers felt a connection with the Amish people. That is a very positive aspect of this book. It provides a great picture of a culture of people who many of us do not realize even exist out side of what we hear.

As I said, the story line was difficult for me to engage and I felt the overall storyline to be as one would expect a Christian romance novel to read.

I give this book three stars for the determination of the author to bring it to us but I do not believe I will be running to the store to get the next Kelly Long novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment