Friday, January 7, 2011

Transformed by the Renewing of Your Mind

I honestly requested this book from Booksneeze to review because I had a friend who lived in a rural area for many years and had a tough time finding a good church to plug into. After reading this book I am convinced that the church in rural America is missing a key element to their ministry and that is relevency. O'Dell does an amazing job encouraging his readers - who will hopefully have an impact on the rural community at some point in their own ministries - to get the relevency of the 21st century to the rural communities of our nation. There is a harvest and a mission field right outside our front doors whether we live in rural America or suburban America and I believe this book can address the aspect of what leaders in either area can do for their congregants. The book encouraged me to find ways to become relevent to the people I serve in my own church. I recommend this book to anyone who serves in any church and especially to anyone who is considering planting a church in the country. (I received this book for review from Thomas Nelson Publisher's Booksneeze program.I was not asked to write a positive review)

No comments:

Post a Comment